COVID-19 UPDATES IN RELATION TO OUR CAMPGROUND
As the novel form of coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) becomes more of a widespread concern and local governments continue to recommend or mandate restrictions on person-to-person interactions, business operations , and home isolation, we want to share important information with you about our efforts to help keep our family and guests safe and healthy.
UPDATE: May 19, 2020
Effective immediately, we are elated to announce our opening Friday, May 22, 2020 for our Maine residents only. To our out-of-state residents, please know you will be missed and we look forward to having you all here soon! We're getting there - step-by-step. See you on June 1, 2020 and beyond!
What to know before your arrival:
Memorial Day weekend may be different then past holiday weekends, however this is a great time to reconnect with the outdoors and enjoy a walk along the campground, take a bike ride, enjoy the crackle of a campfire and toast s'mores.
- Single household groups in self-contained units may camp with us.
- Adjacent campsites must maintain social distancing at all times.
- Campers will be checked in remotely. Call the Office Assistance Line, 207-457-1260 and Peggy will greet you curb-side upon arrival & for any camp store essentials.
- Maintain at least 6 feet from others at all times.
- Groups are limited to no more than 10 people.
- Pool and Playground are closed until further notice.
- Basketball, horseshoe & corn hole permitted with groups of the same household with the use of your own recreational equipment.
- All buildings will are planned to open June 1, to include restrooms, rec. hall, office/general store.
- Visitors are not permitted until until June 1.
It is important to adhere by the guidelines outlined above to ensure the safety and well-being of our family and all our guests.
We look forward to your arrival and camping safely!
UPDATE: May 14, 2020
We are excited to announce, effective immediately, we may begin taking reservations for stays with an arrival date of June 1st and beyond for Maine residents and out-of-state residents who comply with the State's 14-day quarantine requirement! We look forward to your calls and the opportunity of being your host!
Announcement may be read via the following link:
UPDATE: May 9, 2020
For guests traveling to us during the months of May and June, we thank you whole-heartedly for your patience. Most of you have chosen to wait out your reservations with us as we hang onto hope together.
This week we were hopeful to hear some promising news regarding our campground opening. Unfortunately, the weekly update from the Governor and the Commissioner of the State did not bring the news we were hoping for and our wait continues as your reservations near. We want you to know we are not sitting idle and continue to fight for our rights of opening safely for our guests, and ourselves. The Maine Campground Association has presented a second draft to the administration regarding how, and what, campgrounds are able to do for a successful and safe opening. The draft is currently in review and we are awaiting the results.
It is unfortunate that we are unable to provide you with concrete answers today, and understand you may want to make other travel plans as your reservation date quickly nears. Regardless of your decision to cancel or hold on in hopes of better news these next few days, please rest assured knowing you will receive a full credit to be used at a later date or refund, less 3% processing fee for credit cards, should you wish to cancel at this time. Credit's in your name may be applied towards reservations of the 2020 or 2021 season.
May we add once again, your support, loyalty and patience during these unprecadent times is appreciated beyond measures. Please do not hesitate to email or phone us should you need questions answered immediately. We will do our best to provide you with answers or added reassurance when it may be needed.
As always, we wish you our best. Stay safe. Stay well.
UPDATE: APRIL 29, 2020
For guests traveling to us during the months of May and June, we hope to have an update to you soon regarding the status of your reservations and will be reaching out to you personally via phone or email no later than Wednesday, May 6th, hopefully sooner, if possible.
We understand there are many questions and concerns regarding the Governor's orders to the reopening of Maine, as we also have many unanswered questions. In the interim, we kindly ask for your patience as the state continues to work through questions presented to them regarding the opening of campgrounds, safely.
Please know, we greatly appreciate your loyalty, your support and your patience during these trying times and encourage you to email or phone us should you need questions answered immediately. We will do our best to provide you with answers to the best of our knowledge in these times of need.
As always, we wish you our best. Stay safe. Stay well.
SCHEDULED OPENING DATE: FRIDAY, MAY 15, 2020
(May be delayed due to Covid 19)
OUR COMMITMENT TO OUR GUESTS:
Thank you for your support while entrusting in us to do our best in providing a safe environment for all through these most challenging times. In order to fulfill our mission of being socially responsible and to prioritize the health and well-being of our family and guests, we are using an abundance of caution and care as we outline the cautionary measures we are taking.
HOW DOES THIS AFFECT YOUR STAY WITH US AND THE OPERATIONS OF LAZY FROG CAMPGROUND?
- Curbside Check-in (see procedures below).
- No tent camping.
- Changes to scheduled activities and planned events as deemed necessary.
- Closure of all buildings and common areas to include: Office/Store, Restrooms, Recreation Hall, Playground, Pool, Caterpillar Ride.
- Laundry facilities available upon request - 1 guest at a time.
- No visitors permitted.
- Outdoor activities, such as basketball, horseshoes and frog pond are available for use with guests of the SAME family/household. You must provide your own recreational equipment.
CURBSIDE CHECK-IN PROCEDURES:
To eliminate the need to come into the office, we are implementing curbside check-in. Please call the office 2 weeks prior to your arrival to finalize any balance due. We will greet you upon arrival with guide map and information we wish to share with you during your stay. Please arrive between the hours of 2pm-8pm and we will gladly escort you to your site.
COMMITMENT TO CLEANLINESS:
- Elevated sanitization measures throughout the campground to ensure the safety and well-being of our family and guests, to include an emphasis on door knobs, light switches, counters and other high-traffic areas utilizing CDC's recommended EPA cleaning and disinfecting products.
- Our Cozy Cabin rental to be meticulously cleaned between each guests with enhanced cleaning procedures.
- Installation of touchless hand soap dispensers and faucets in our restrooms to help alleviate cross contamination.
CAMP STORE NECESSITIES:
We are currently developing an online store for your convenience. In the interim, please call the office @ 207-457-1260 to request store items in need. We are available between the hours of 9am to 8pm to assist with firewood, ice, snacks, novelties and store merchandise for curbside pick-up or delivery to your site.
RESCHEDULING YOUR STAY:
Like you, we are experiencing the impact of COVID-19 on the country and understand your hesitation to travel or the need to change your plans. We welcome the opportunity of being your hosts this season and encourage you to please reschedule reservations for a later date, if at all possible. Please note the following:
Policy changes applicable through May 30, 2020:
- Cancellation fees waived on all rescheduled reservations.
- Full refund for cancellations received due to COVID-19 (credit card processing fees may apply).
Lazy Frog Campground's standard cancellation policy goes back into effect on June 1, 2020.
Thank you for the continued support and loyalty. We look forward to your arrival soon.
Stay safe. Stay well.
Peggy & John